Smt.K. KAVITHA VASANTHKUMAR, W/o.Sri.Vasanth Kumar was born on 23rd August, 1983 at Dharawad. Presently residing at Bandihatti Post, Cowl Bazaar, Bellary.
She has completed her B.A. (Hindustani Music Optional) with I Class at Karnataka Arts College, Dharwad, in 2006 and M.A. Entire Hindustani Music (vocal) with 1 Class at Karnataka University, Dharwad, in 2008 and also completed Senior Grade Hindustani Music (vocal) Exam I Class K.S.E.E.Board, Bangalore, in 2007
She has undergone Spl. Training in Vocal Music at “Karnataka Kalashree” Pdt. M.G. Patvardhan Guruji, of Dharwad, taught and trained for more than 10 years in Hindustani Music “ Gwaliar Gharana” regularly and blessed to achieve more in the field.
Light Music (Sugama Sangeet) with Pdt. A.R. Achyutrao and Pdt. Shreekanth Kulkarni, the Radio Artisits, Dharwad, trained me for than 3years in the filed of Sugama Sangeet.
Her Music Teachers are Dr. Smt. Nanda Patil & Pdt. Venkateshkumar of Karnataka College, Dharwad, taught Classical Music at B.A. level for 5 years. And Smt. Meera Gundi, Dr. Veeresh Hugar & Dr. Mryutyunjaya Agadi of Karnataka University, Dharwad, taught and guided for two years at M.A. level.
Achievements/ Programmes & Awards:
- Participated in a number of competitions conducted by the Mahanagar Palike, District & State Level in Sugam Sangeet, Vachana Gayana, Songs of Sharif, Flik and Cinema Songs and gained prizes and awards.As an Artist of “Yuva Vani”, AIR, Dharwad, a number of Programmes broadcasted and some programmes of Light Music were telecasted in Dharwad City Cable.
- Had given various functions in Light and Classical Music in ‘Sangeet Bharathi Trust’ Kundapur, Dharwad, Hubli, Koppal, Naragunda, Navalgunda, Lakkundi, Gadag, Gokak, Sindhanur, Athani, Bellary, Hospet of Northern Karnataka and in Bhoopal of Madhya Pradesh.
- Given a Classical Music Concerts in the Function of “Savai Gandharva’s Punya Tithi”, at Kudgol and “ Dr. Puttaraj Kavi Gavai’s Birthday Ceremony” at Gadag.
- Participated in Dr. Bendre’s Kavya Gayana “Beladingal Nodda” conducted by Bendre Rashtriya Trust””, Dharwad and “Dr. Kuvempu’s Centenary Festival” conducted by Karnataka University, Dharwad, and awarded the prizes.
- Selcted in “Yuva Pratibha Puraskar”by Kannada and Culture Department, and reached the State Level, gained the II Prize.
Ede Tumbi Haaduvenu (2005-06)
She was selected and Participated in Dr. S.P. Blasubramhanya’s “Ede Tumbi Haduvenu” of ETV Kannada Channel, Stood I In Four Episodes, and II in the Final Episode, and I am recognized and appreciated as a good Singer.
Star Singer Season-2 (2007-08) She was selected as a “Star Singer”in Season-2, by “Suvarna Kannada Vahini” in the Leadership of Sri Gurukiran, Music Director, & sang in Five Episodes.
Dharwad Utsav-2007: Given the Hindustani Vocal Concert and Sugam Sangeet Programmes in Dharwad Utsava-2007.
Hampi Utsav 2011 : Had Participated in “ Kavi-Kavya-Gayana” Programme of Hampi Utsav-2011
Dharwad and Hubli Kogile Awards: She awarded as “Dharwad Kogile Award-2007” and “Hubballi Kogile Award-2008”respectively, in the District Level “Kannda Karoke Film Songs Competion”, Conducted by The “Kuhoo… Kuhoo Sangeet Samsthe” Bangalore. Both the Functions were Presided over by Dr. Smt. L.R. Eshwari, a famous Playback Singer.
Kanak Rathna Award-2012: Awardee of “Kanaka Purandar Award 2011-12” Bellar District, in the field of music by “Krnataka Rajya Kriyasheela Teacher’s Vedike(R)”, Bellary Dist. And Honoured.
Casets & C.D.s: She sung in more than 70 Casets and C.Ds like Devotional songs, Flok, Lyrics in Kannada, Marathi and Lambani Languages.
Swara Spandana Sngeet Samsthe
Smt.Kavitha Vasanth kumar along with her husband, Sri.Vasanth Kumar, who also a singer, jointly established “Swara Spandan Sangeet Samsthe”® in the year 2008 to run Music Classes in Sugam Sangeet, Clasical (vocal), Vachana Sangeet and organizing singing programmes in bellary and neighbouring Cities and Districts, with an aim to achieve and serve more with dedication and sacrifice in the field of Sugam Sngeet and Classical Music to the best their level and capacity as much as possible.