Born on 25.07.58 at Dharwad.
Parents: Anantachar. Kinhal (Late) (Retd. Spl. DC 1978) and Smt.Shakunthala Bai. (Late)
Family: Smt.Suma.V. Kinhal, Sons, Dr.Sudhanva .V.Kinhal, MBBS & Mr.Uddhava Studying in III MBBS at Raichur.
- SSLC: Municipal High School Bellary 1974—78.84%
- PUC: Municipal Junior College Bellary 1976—83.42% 11 Th Rank To The State.
- MBBS: Passed In First Class From 1 To Final Mbbs Karnatak University 1982
- MS: General Surgery 1986 Gulbarga University.
- FAIS: ASI Bhuvaneswar 2007
- Medical Officer: PHC, Mudgal Raichur Dist:1985-87.
- Asst. Surgeon: VIMS Bellary 1987-1991.
- Lecturer in Surgery VIMS:1991-1998.
- Asst. Professor in Surgery:1998-2002.
- Professor of Surgery 2002 till date.
- Prof & Head of Dept of Surgery 2007.
- Superintendent, VIMS Hospital, Bellary –from July 2007 to Jan 2012.
- President, IMA Bellary Branch 2011-2012.
- Member, PG Board of Studies Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Presented a paper titled “Thoracoscopic Hydatid Cyst Lung Excision” in International AMASICON Conference held at Hyderabad in 2006.
- Presented Prestigious “R.B.Patil Symposium” in ASI-KSC Gulbarga in 2008.
- Faculty for PG CME Held at Bmc, Bangalore in 2007,
- Also Invited as Faculty for PG CME at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Poster Presentations in ASI-KSC during 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Presented Balkrishna Memorial Symposium At ASI-KSC on Ano-Rectal Diseases at Bagalkote, 2010.
- Mahadevan Award Paper at At ASI-KSC Bijapur, 2011.
- Published Paper in Indian Journal of Surgery - July 2010 “Pancreatic Schwanoma”
- Joint-Secretary, IMA, Bellary Branch – 1992.
- Secretary, IMA, Bellary Branch – 1993-94.
- Vice-President, IMA, Bellary Branch – 1994-95.
- Joint Secretary, Lions Club of Bellary – 1996.
- Secretary, Lions Club of Bellary – 1997-98.
- President, Lions Club of Bellary – 1997-98.
- Secretary, Old Students Association, VIMS, Bellary – 1998-2002.
- Vice-President, Teachers Association, VIMS, Bellary – 2002.
- President, Teachers Association – 2003.
- Secretary, VIMS Development Committee – 2001.
- Executive Committee Member, ASI-KSC – 2008.
- Secretary, VIMS Development Trust
- One Room Constructed in IMA as Secretary.
- Operation Theatre & Bus Shelter Constructed as Secretary-President of Lions Club of Bellary Respectively.
- Vikrama –Guest House first of its kind in Govt .Medical College in Karnataka Built at a Cost of 17.74 Lakhs. Donations by Old Students of Bellary VIMS. This was done as Secretery of the Association. Now two more rooms are being added during this year of his Presidentship.
IMPROVEMENTS IN GENERAL SURGERY DEPARTMENT.
- Surgical Out-Patient Department was given a face lifting by making Aluminium Partitions for Patients Examination & for Doctors.
- Seminar Hall Is Now With Computer & LCD Projector. All PG Teaching & Subject Seminars are in Power-Point Presentation Now.
- For Pgs Super Specialists Teaching Introduced.
- Separate Ultrasound Made Available To Dept. of Surgery.
- In Operation Theatre state of art Three-Chip Camera Laparoscopy Unit Introduced. Ceiling out Lamps, New Operation Theatre Tables, New Digital Cautery Machines Procured.
- Anti-rabies Vaccine was consuming Rs.48 lakhs per annum. A new thai regimen for anti-rabies vaccine treatment was introduced after getting concurrence from WHO, ICMR, and Regional Vaccine Institute, Hyderabad. Personal for the same were trained at Hyderabad. This is saving of a whopping 36 lakhs per annum to the institution with higher end treatment also.
- Drug position of the centre improved with 23 types of antibiotics, all anesthetic drugs.
- Hospital out-patient, in-patient, admitting counters fully computerized.
- All biochemical investigations hitherto not available introduced. ABG made available.
- All four dialysis units have been put to use without a single days gap in last 8 months.
Message from DR.VIDYADHAR KINHAL,
The above achievements are not be considered as only mine as the whole team should be given the credit. Especially for the improvements in the department of General Surgery & Hospital Improvements, I will be failing in my duty if I don’t recognize the co-operation of beloved Director Dr.B.Devanand, whose zeal to develop the institution is incomparable.